Friday, October 2, 2009

Down for the count!

Why does it seem like the babies get sick and always bring their colds home to Mom? My daughter has been in PreK for about a month now. I knew it would only be a matter of time before she brought home a cold from one of her kids. Well, she coughed for about 4 days straight and we brought her back around with some Children's Triaminic ("Mommy, I like this medicine, 'cause it is YUMMY!)

So now she's fine. But guess who got sick?!?! ME!!! Now I must admit...I have a weakened immune system due to asthma. I've had it for about 14 years. Sometimes I catch a cold and I have it for about a week. Well, not this time. It started Monday...I could tell that I had a tickle in my throat. By Tuesday, my diet consisted of tea and cough drops. You could barely hear me. By Wednesday I had a full blown case of laryngitis and a cough. All the yucky stuff that I was sneezing up ended up in my lungs. By yesterday I felt worse! I took a breathing treatment with a nebulizer and it was no different. I finally let my husband talk me into going to the ER. The attending said it was a good thing that I showed up when I did. She put me on Zythromax to fight off bronchitis and put me on a steroid for a week. I consider myself blessed because I know that if it got any worse it would have meant a hospital stay!

So...I am at home resting wishing I had gone to work today (DAYTIME TV SUCKS!). So my next step is to invest in Airborne. Does that stuff really work? As far as the kid is concerned, she's fine. Never would have known she had a cold. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment