Thursday, August 13, 2009

Does God eat green beans?

Boy, do I have a really smart kid at home. Yeah, all parents say their kids are smart but this little whippersnapper I have at home...I think she's smarter than me. The girl really says the 'darndest things'. A while ago I started documenting everything she says because 1) I don't want to forget them and 2) years from know I want her to know. Here was our recent exchange over dinner the other night:

Sass: "Why are green beans green?"

Me: "Ask God...he made them."

S: "How did he make them?"

Me: "He did just like this *make my hands jumble together* and said 'BOOM! *open hands* Green Beans!'"

S: "Then what did he do?"

Me: "He gave them to Adam and he cooked them up and ate them."

S: "Did God's father eat them?"

*prolonged silence*

Enter my husband, code name Lartakis...

Lartakis: "Go ahead, Mom...I am curious to hear the answer to that."

I shoot a mean look over at him.

Me: "God doesn't have a father."

S: "What about his mother?"

Me: "God doesn't have a mother either."

S: "Well if God doesn't have a mom and dad...then how do you get married with no woman?"

Lartakis looks at me...eyes wide open. I am flabbergasted and at a loss for words. How do you respond to a question like that?

Me: "Oh, just eat your green beans!"

No comments:

Post a Comment